SEO for Ecommerce Websites
In this episode of the Visible HQ Podcast, I’m chatting with Brendan Tully, from ParetoEcommerce.com all about ecommerce SEO. I ask Brendan what the biggest quick win is for a new, and an established ecommerce site, what the biggest mistake he sees often in regards to ecommerce SEO, and much more. This is action-item packed episode, so check it out.
What We Discuss in this Episode
- How Brendan got started in SEO
- The biggest difference between doing SEO for an ecommerce site vs. an information/service site.
- The problem of thin content on ecommerce websites
- Using video to build back links
- A trick on how to deal with discontinued product pages
- Using price engines to build links to product pages
- How to add content to product pages (and help with conversions)
- Two words you can add to the title tags to get 20%-50% increase in traffic
- Getting rich snippets (stars, reviews, etc) to increase ranking and conversions
- The importance of site speed (and when it actually matters).
- The VERY FIRST thing you should do when launching an ecommerce store
– Brendan Tully
.mp3 (right-click “save as”)
People in this Episode
Mentioned in Episode 8
(coming next week)