Conversation With A PBN Domain Broker
One great thing I get to do in running a site like Visible HQ is talk to a lot of people about SEO, and specifically, building PBNs. I get to hear about their journey, and their most frequently encountered problems. Probably the number 1 issue people run into is finding quality domains. My guest on today’s show runs the site heavydutynames.com, a service which finds and vets very high quality domains for use in building a private blog network.
What We Discuss in this Episode
- How HeavyDutyNames decides the value of a domain
- Why PageRank doesn’t matter (but why they still use it to sell domains)
- Using domain metrics as a shorthand to quickly pare down a list of potential domain names to buy
- Is a domain’s value based solely on the links it has (and not trust flow/citation flow/domain authority/page authority
- What you should know (and do) if you’re just starting out building PBNs
- Looking at the history of a site for quality indicators
- Is there a degree to which domains that have previously been spammed are still usable?
- Does a dropped (for a long period of time)/deindexed domain still potentially have value?
- How to approach a domain that is not currently indexed
- Tips on how to find better domain names in GoDaddy (and do better with auctions)
.mp3 (right-click “save as”)
Mentioned in Episode 32
(coming next week)